This post was updated on March 10th 2020 to reflect changes to “Coming Soon” status (formerly known as Delayed status), these changes will not be live until April 6, 2020 as they require system changes by our vendor. Property not ready to be active? Coming Soon might be right for you.
On April 6, 2020, “Coming Soon” will replace “Delayed” status. Coming Soon status listings (formerly known as Delayed) may be listed in the MLS for up to 30 days. This enhancement is designed to build agent-to-agent buzz before the property is active. Coming Soon listings are different from pocket listings, which you can read more about here.
Must-know facts about Coming Soon status listings:
- Showings are allowed
- A property may only be in Coming Soon status for 30 days (before only 14 days)
- The Listing/Co-Listing Agent can change the price and On-Market date
- Available to all MLS subscribers via searches and hot sheets
- Coming Soon listings are not syndicated
- Coming Soon listings must have a Listing Agreement
- Cooperation/compensation is required
- Front exterior photo is not required
- Coming Soon listings will automatically be placed in Active status on the 31st day
- Coming Soon listings can be manually changed to Active earlier
- A property may only be in Coming Soon status for 30 of every 45 calendar days
- Days on Market (DOM) does not accumulate. DOM will start the first day the listing is Active
Bonus: Coming Soon status satisfies the Clear Cooperation submission requirement.