Contact information in the media is prohibited inside the MLS per Rule 8.23. It’s important that you are aware of all the accidental ways contact info can end up in the media, especially in videos and virtual tours. Here are some of the most overlooked ways contact information ends up in the media.
- Voiceovers that introduce the agent in videos or virtual tours
- “For sale” signs with agent/brokerage contact info in virtual tours or photos
- Flyers with agent/brokerage contact info appearing in photos
- Video intros/exits that display the agent/broker info
- Agent/brokerage contact info in the description of the video (ex: “Come see this home listed by XXX, give us a call”)
- Open house info in photos and videos
- Agent/brokerage info when clicking a virtual tour link
- Links to other videos that are branded
Please note that you, as a vendor not associated with the business of real estate, can host videos on your platform.