Embrace the spirit of adventure this holiday season! If you’re up for the challenge of conquering Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, a festive surprise awaits you at the summit.
Every year for about a decade, Santa and a few of his helpers embark on a journey of bringing a Christmas tree up and down the mountain for the holiday. Reaching the pinnacle at 2,704 feet offers not only breathtaking valley views, but also the chance to catch a glimpse of Santa himself on Christmas Eve. Talk about a magical surprise!
Before You Hike
But, before you lace up your hiking boots, here are a few essential details to consider:
- The round trip takes approximately 2-3 hours.
- This hike is not for beginners, so seasoned hikers are in for a treat.
- Be aware that Cholla Trail may pose more challenges than Echo Canyon Trail.
- Regardless of your hiking prowess, ensure you have an ample supply of water, sunscreen and sturdy boots.
- Uphold the hiker’s code: “Leave no Trace.”
Considering Santa’s busy schedule on Christmas Eve, if you happen to miss him atop Camelback Mountain, you can still track his whereabouts using the Santa Tracker by North American Aerospace Defense Command (N.O.R.A.D.).
Don’t forget to share your Santa sightings with us!
Wishing you a joyous holiday season from ARMLS.