This post is part of our series on local business and news. We aim to keep you updated on local trends so you can stay current with your clients.
What do Sprouts, Cold Stone Creamery and PetSmart have in common? Besides being great places to shop or eat, they’re also companies with headquarters in the Valley.
Billion-dollar companies can be found scattered throughout the Valley. How many did you already know about?
- Go Daddy: Web hosting for more than 14 million customers worldwide requires a lot of employees. The main headquarters is a 270,000-square-foot facility in Scottsdale, with additional offices in Tempe and Gilbert.
- Magellan Health: This rapidly growing Fortune 500 healthcare company is headquartered in Scottsdale.
- Avnet: This tech giant ranks at number 128 on the Fortune 500 list and has been based in Phoenix since 1997.
- Insight: Yet another Fortune 500 tech company calls the Valley home with a global headquarters in Tempe.
- Sprouts: This locally grown healthy grocery store first opened in 2002 in Chandler. While there are now 280 stores all around the United States, the corporation is still based in Phoenix.
- Ping: Nearly 50 years ago, Ping’s founder began this golf equipment manufacturing business from his Phoenix garage. While they no longer operate out of a garage, they still call Phoenix home.
- Cold Stone Creamery: This popular ice cream chain churns out $8 billion in revenue per year. The first store opened in Tempe, but Cold Stone Creameries can be found all over the world. The corporate office in Scottsdale.
- Petsmart: What started as two stores in Phoenix has grown to 500 chains with approximately 1,500 locations all over North America.
These are just some of the many large companies with headquarters in the Valley. More companies means more jobs, which means more demand for housing. Go get it!
Michele has been in the real estate industry since 2012, specializing in content creation and Realtor education. When not busy at work, she enjoys hiking, spending time with her two sons and long Sunday brunches.