Loyal blog reader Randy H. had a great question for us on social media, “Does ARMLS have rules on lockbox placement?” In short, we don’t dictate in our rules where a lockbox must be placed on a listing. We do, however, have some advice.
1. Supra iBox lockboxes are designed to be placed on door knobs.
2. Many cities and utility providers have ordinances or rules against attaching any item (including lockboxes) on gas, water and electric meters or lines. Placing a lockbox on a gas meter or other utility is a safety concern. There is also a possibility of damage to the property in doing so.
Overcoming Difficult Door Knobs
Did you know the shackle can be completely detached in the field to accommodate unusual door knobs? Here’s how:
1. With the ActiveKey or eKey, release the shackle.
2. With the shackle released, start the shackle release process a second time.
3. When the shackle is being released, apply upward pressure to remove the shackle entirely.