You can always buy new Supra lockboxes in person at any ARMLS Support Center. But did you know it’s perfectly okay to buy used lockboxes from other sellers outside the ARMLS service area? Even from out-of-state sellers.
When purchasing used lockboxes from a source other than ARMLS, there are a few items to be aware of.
Only Buy Supra BTLE iBoxes
Be very careful to get the right kind of Supra iBox. Here’s why:
- Supra BTLE iBoxes are the only lockboxes ARMLS currently supports. Once the lockboxes are added to ARMLS’ Supra inventory, they are covered under the warranty we have negotiated with Supra. That means we can replace your boxes for free if they become damaged (e.g. the shackle sticks, keypouch gets jammed, battery dies etc.).
- 80% of ARMLS subscribers use the Supra eKEY. The eKEY can only retrieve property keys from Supra BTLE iBoxes. No other type of Supra lockbox is compatible.
Make Sure Your Used Lockboxes are Deprogrammed
- Used lockboxes must be deprogrammed at the MLS/Association of Realtors where they originated. This wipes off the first organization’s programming so that we can add ARMLS programming before putting the boxes into ARMLS’ Supra inventory.
- If the used boxes have not been deprogrammed, we won’t be able to add ARMLS programming for you and you won’t be able to use those boxes on ARMLS listings. At this point, you would need to mail the used lockboxes back to the original MLS/Association or to Supra headquarters for deprogramming. You would also be responsible for all shipping charges and any additional charges from Supra or the original MLS/Association.
Double Check the Price
Make sure you’re getting a good deal!
- We occasionally have used Supra BTLE iBoxes for sale at our Support Centers. Call our Help Desk at 480-921-7777 to check availability at specific locations.
- When in stock, we sell used Supra BTLE iBoxes in good condition for $60 before tax and in fair condition for $50 before tax.
Call Supra Before You Buy
- Call Supra with a list of serial numbers from the boxes you’re planning to purchase. Ask them if those particular lockboxes can be added to ARMLS’ Supra inventory once you purchase them.
- Why? Supra prohibits ARMLS from programming lockboxes that originate with certain MLSs/Associations. It has to do with which server the boxes are assigned to in Supra’s system. Long story short, better safe than sorry–give Supra a call and double check that, once deprogrammed, the used boxes can be added to ARMLS’ Supra inventory.